Dr John S Pemberton. He invented CocaCola on 8th May 1886 in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr Pemberton tried it out on customers at his local chemist, Jacobs' Pharmacy, where it proved so popular it immediately went on sale at five cents a glass.
Did you know? It was Dr Pemberton's friend and business partner, Frank M Robinson, who came up with the name CocaCola. He wrote it out by hand in the Spencerian script that we still use as our logo.
Find out about the history of Coca-Cola.
More on Journey
- Do soft drinks cause obesity?
- Do caffeinated drinks like Coca‑Cola count towards my recommended daily water intake?
- Coca-Cola FAQs: Ingredients
- Sugar is a major cause of obesity and increases the risk of other health issues like diabetes. Soft drinks companies should be required to put a warning label on their products advising consumers of the health risks.
- Is it true that eating Coke with durian can cause death?