• Continues to implement global initiatives and social enterprise models to improve community life and develop local women's capabilities, and contributes to Thanh Toan Tile Bridge village’s tourism development
• 100 out of 4,270 gifts from Happy Tet by Coca Cola given to Thanh Toan villagers
Hue City, January 18, 2018 - Continuing the journey to support community development by sharing sustainable values, improving the capabilities of local women, and bringing the Lunar New Year to everyone,
Similar to EKOCENTER in other locations, EKOCENTER Hue will focus on three main objectives: safe drinking water, empowering woman and community facilities including refined safe drinking water, necessities, soft-skills training and online training, internet services, health, sports ...
Sanket Ray, Managing Director of
Thanh Toan Tile Bridge is a community tourist site in Hue and has been selected by ASIA COMMUNITY as one of the three typical Vietnamese tourist villages in 2016. However, visitors do not usually stay here for long because the tourism services in the village are still limited. Therefore, the services and facilities provided at EKOCENTER will help to retain and attract tourists to Thanh Toan. This will create more opportunities for people to provide additional services and create sustainable development values for their communities as people's lives improve.
"In addition to the development of activities to contribute to and promote tourism in Thanh Toan Tile Bridge, EKOCENTER will be the place to organize training activities for local people. We hope that this will contribute to the improvement of people's lives, particularly in enhancing the economic capability of Thanh Toan women," said Mrs. Dang Thi Duong, Director of Social Welfare of Hue Xanh, president of the Women Entrepreneurs Association in Hue.
EKOCENTER is powered by green energy from solar panels installed on the roof of the kiosk. The center is equipped with a water purification system with a capacity of 6,000 liters per day to provide safe drinking water for local households. The computer lab at the center will also provide local children and women access to information, let them practice computer skills, and participate in online start-up training. Since then, it has helped to improve the capacity of economic for local women.
According to the social enterprise model, business activities in kiosks providing necessities, coffee and computer labs will be managed and operated by Hue Xanh according to the criteria of re-investment. A portion of the proceeds from the business will continue to be invested in the facilities, infrastructure and social programs of the Center in each period. In particular, vocational training such as barista, local guides, cooking, handicrafts, baking, etc. will contribute to sustainable values for the local community as a whole. It brings joy to Thanh Toan villagers.
At the inauguration ceremony,
EKOCENTER is a
Coca-Cola is one of the best-known international brands in Vietnam.
For more information, please contact:
Vũ Thanh Trúc
PR and Sustainability Manager
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola is committed to contribute to the sustainable economic development of Vietnam
- The World Health Organization (WHO) says more testing on bottled water allegedly tainted with plastic particles
- Coca Cola and IUCN solidify partnership in support of water retention strategy in the Mekong Delta
- UNESCO announces a new partnership with Coca Cola using arts and creativity to raise recycling awareness
- Coca-Cola honored in Top 2 most sustainable enterprises in Vietnam 2018