2019 marked a successful year for the Vietnam team with 5 wins at the MMA Smarties Awards
The Vietnam team made a huge splash at this year’s MMA Smarties Awards, organized by the Vietnam Mobile Marketing Association, and the world’s only mobile marketing awards that honors innovation, creativity and success in mobile advertising.
- Brand of the Year:
- Gold in Brand Awareness category: Fuzetea+
- Gold in Promotion category:
- Gold in Cross Media category:
Coca-ColaUplift – AFF Suzuki Cup Activation using Augmented Reality technology.
- Bronze in Innovation category:
Coca-ColaUplift - AFF Suzuki Cup Activation using Augmented Reality technology.
Specifically, two of our 2018-2019 campaigns were recognized at the event: the Fuzetea+ “Song in a Bottle” and the
Below are the two highlights of the winning cases.
The Fuzetea+ “Song in a Bottle campaign”: Perfect fusion of music and tech trends
The much-loved YouTube leaderboard topper Fuzetea+ “Song in a Bottle” won Gold in the Brand Awareness category. Responding to low brand and product awareness, and even weaker trials, this creative and innovative approach transformed the brand’s story in Vietnam after three months.
The Fuzetea+ Song combined the ballad, K-pop, and rap genres, symbolizing a Fuzetea+ ingredient: Tea, Peach and Chia seeds, and was performed by three popular singers, Truc Nhan, Suni Ha Linh and Karik. Each singer. The song itself, meanwhile, talks about the world of tea, peach and chia seeds, representing our products in a very entertaining way.
The song was made exclusively available to those who bought Fuzetea+ and scanned its bottle’s logo. Unique image scanning technology was used to imbed the song in the bottle. Further, unsuspecting users near convenient stores received geo-targeted video calls from the celebrity singers, urging them to buy and scan the bottle of Fuzetea+. The campaign generated unprecedented buzz and all brand and trial KPIs were surpassed.
With its unique approach, the campaign reached the following KPIs:
- 10K scans on mobile experience in the first two weeks after the launch
- 27 million views for the music video
- The top spot in the Asia-Pacific YouTube Ads Leaderboard in December 2018
- Generating 48,238 buzz on social which is 3 time more than the closest competitor are some of the impressive achievements that the song has achieved
Apart from campaign KPIs, the brand metrics boomed as well. After the three-month campaign, Fuzetea+ reached historical growth by
- Doubling total brand awareness (from 23% to 54%),
- Growing product trial rate by 8 times (from 3% to 23%)
- Increasing value shares by 23%.
With very limited budget, and no TV exposure, the campaign showed how creativity and innovative technology use can positively impact brand and business results.
Coca-Cola Uplift campaign: National pride fueled by Augment Reality (AR)
The AR experience-driven
- Coca-Cola brand love increased by 2 points.
- More than 8,000 scans with 3,500 changes in profile photos.
- Part of Top 5 brands which achieved Social Media buzz during the football tournament.