Having been operating in Vietnam since 1994, the global
According to the Audit Report prepared by PwC,
1. Economic contributions: In 2015, a direct job at
2. Tax: In 2015, the total tax paid by
3. Social contributions:
Programs to improve the economic capacity of women
Community health & well-being programs:
- The "Happy Tet Holiday with
- Since 2011,
- EKOCENTER, a community program initiated by
Clean water and nature conservation projects:
- Coca-Cola has partnered with WWF in the Tram Chim Preservation Project, with CEFACOM in other projects, and with IUCN in the Monkey Cheek Project for flood water storage to reduce severe droughts and floods taking place in the Mekong Delta area, while providing sustainable flood-based livelihoods to the people of the Mekong Delta. EKOCENTER itself has been providing more than 3 million liters of clean water to people in 9 provinces and cities nationwide.
By the end of 2017,
1. Economic contributions
• 2,500 direct jobs were created, followed by 6-10 times of indirect jobs from the supply chain
• VND 32 billion were invested in recruitment & development of human resources
2. Tax: Total taxes and other fees paid were VND 738,442 billion, in which the CIT paid in 2017 was VND 92,153.
3. Social contributions:
• Improving the economic capacity of women: By partnering with the Vietnam Women Entrepreneurs Council (VWEC) and the Vietnam Women's Union,
• Providing support for small and medium enterprises (SMEs)’ capacity building: The company has invested over USD 100,000 and cooperated with the US – ASEAN Business Council (US-ABC) and the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) to build knowledge sharing platforms to contribute to capacity building through the local resources, especially SMEs. Then, it has helped improve capacity building in Digital Era and Industry 4.0, via training programs on supply chain, commercial innovation, and social responsibility.
i. In 2017, 12 Vietnamese enterprises participated in the Vietnamese SME support program.
ii. Eight potential businesses became
iii. The Knowledge Update Program on the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) applied technology and promoted Business Logistics to prepare for the integration of Vietnamese SMEs in the Mekong Delta.
• EKOCENTER initiative: By the end of 2017, nine EKOCENTER centers have been established in Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Da Nang, Ha Long, Ben Tre, An Giang, Dong Thap, Hue and Ha Tinh. It is expected that 4 new centers will be built in 2018.
• PSW Management and Recycling:
More on Journey
- Quincey at CAGNY: 'We Are Going to Be a Total Beverage Company'
- Coke’s Way Forward: New Business Strategy to Focus on Choice, Convenience and the Consumer
- Coca-Cola bagged multiple awards, crowned as Brand of the Year at MMA Smarties Awards 2019
- Coca-Cola CEO: 'We Must Be Bold and Fast'
- 6 Things We Learned About Coke’s 2017 Results