The value of packaging is often seen as a paradox.
Portable, re-sealable, lightweight, shatter-resistant -- all valuable roles packaging provides in meeting consumer needs and preventing waste while delivering products safely with high quality. However, once emptied, packaging can present an environmental issue if not properly disposed of or collected for reuse.
We are actively working throughout the Coca‑Cola system to create solutions by advancing a global sustainable packaging strategy aimed at preventing waste over the life of our packaging.
To us, waste prevention extends beyond simply reducing packaging material. We also focus on optimizing packaging efficiency; increasing renewable material use; recovering packages for reuse; and increasing recycled material use.
Learn more about our vision, action and our position on key topics in the videos and content below.
Packaging Vision: An overview of
Packaging Innovation: A snapshot of our approach and progress in innovating our packaging design and material use.
Recovery & Recyclability: Discussion on our efforts to improve recovery of our packaging and the recyclability of our packaging materials.
More on Journey
- International Water Week: ‘Monkey Cheek’ Project and Sustainable Flood-based Livelihood Models in Mekong Delta
- Moving Toward a Circular Economy: Responsibly Managing Plastic Waste
- Coca-Cola Vietnam pledges support for Vietnamese local businesses
- Chuyện có thật: “Nhắm mắt” bắt được 71 chỉ vàng
- 5by20 eLearning Program in Vietnam